I would have liked to post this last night, because it would have been fresher in my mind, but I think sleeping on what happened at the Relay for Life event on campus was worth it. I arrived on campus with my mom, a stage three breast cancer survivor, around 5pm last night for the survivors dinner that was run by Ms. Moseley and the group of students who ran and organized the Relay events. I was able to meet with and talk to many other cancer survivors, and my mom had a good time as well. After the dinner was over, we all walked down to the gym where the events were being held. My mom and I each held the Relay for Life sign as we led the two opening laps, the first for cancer survivors and the second for everyone who came to participate. Walking the opening laps and then participating in the events throughout the night was a fantastic experience and I'm really glad that I was able to attend this event.
-Kevin
No comments:
Post a Comment